Okay, so I realize that I’ve featured food as my Friday image for the past two weeks. But food is sort of huge in my life, alright? Except, not right now, because it’s Lent, and I’m weeping. Well, I’m not really weeping. I’m full of joyful sorrow. Or something like that.
Anywho! My week.
What I Read
- I just finished The Neverending Story today. I’m feeling mixed about it. I mean, it really is a great book. But I guess it’s not as good as I remember it. I don’t know how to put it…I guess it seemed more epic in my little remembering-childhood mind. Anyway, it’s fascinating all the tension I was feeling as I read Bastian’s portion of the book. I just want to take him and shake him and scream, “Wake up, Bastian! You’re being a little twit right now!” Ah, but it all turns out fine for him in the end, after he learns a few Important Life Lessons.
- Yesterday I decided to skip forward to Dropcaps Q. Swann’s Way is going to require as slow a read as Moby Dick, and I don’t want to derail my goal of reaching the end of the series by my birthday in the meantime.
- Current Moby Dick status: head is still decapitated. But we’re about to tap it for spermaceti and get all the wonderful gory details, yaaay. (Also, was the Elijah chapter just last week? I can hardly believe that. Well, I guess yes I can. Anyway, that was one of my favorite chapters.)
What I Ate
- I don’t want to talk about it, because it makes me sad.
- Still living off my pantry, but the end is in sight. The funny thing is, I’ve barely touched the pantry staples I intended to use. Which is a lesson in itself: I’ll eat the most convenient things first. Anyway, I’ve resorted to making a lot of bread. I’m probably going to try making this quinoa bread recipe this afternoon. I actually own one of the recipe author’s cookbooks, so I trust her. And I don’t eat quinoa much, so it will be a good use for it.
- Ooh, addendum. I just discovered this recipe for Raw Peanut Butter Maca Cookies. It would be a pretty decent pantry-cleaner, except, in the words of my priest, “Cookies aren’t for Lent.” Can we even call these cookies, though? Can we re-name them to Peanut Butter Power Bites and be okay? (Alright, this is opening up a wormhole of pharisaical fasting stuff that I don’t even want to go down right now.)
What I Watched
- Moar Mad Men, though I haven’t been moving as quickly as I intended, mostly because I’ve literally been in church every single night this week. Let’s see, I’m up to…Season 1 Episode 10. Maybe I’ll finish the season by this weekend.
What I Wrote
- On day 16 of #continuouspractice. Killin’ it. Lovin’ it. I made myself a little revision motivation card with my monthly goal on it, and am steadily pounding away toward 75 pages. (This is not good, by the way. 75 pages, and my main character will have reached the end of her first week at school. The book is supposed to span HER ENTIRE FRESHMAN YEAR.)
- Query update: crickets, as usual. It’s okay, because I’m getting feedback from some classmates on my manuscript, and it looks like it will need some serious ripping-apart and patching back up. So he can take alllll the time he wants, as far as I’m concerned. (Edit: No more crickets. And that’s all I’m going to say, lest I jinx myself from here on out.)
What I Accomplished
- Well, like I said–I’ve gone to church literally every day for the past week. So that has to count for something, right? 😉 Other than that, well. Let’s just say that I’ve already started taking my Charmed Life lifestyle for granted. Boo, Emily. Boo. Quit napping so much and get to work.
Next week will be more of the usual, for the most part–with the exception of so much church. I’m thinking I need to put myself on a schedule again. We’ll see. Until Monday, when hopefully I figure out something to write about. (A cocktail? Perhaps…)