Christ is risen!
Now you say, “Indeed he is risen!”
And then we proceed to fumble our way through the same exchange in ten more languages. Guys, Pascha! PASCHA! Literally my favorite day of the year! And it’s done now. I have to wait a whole nother year and struggle through a whole nother Great Lent to experience the ensuing joy (and the next-day party at the priest’s house where we’re all meat-eating half-zombies, woo!).
But at the same time, I’m glad it’s done. Holy Week really is a beast (albeit a lovely one) to get through. I’ve been enjoying relaxing this week. And eating meat and cheese. Ha.
What I Read
- A bit more of Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend. Maybe I’ll make a concerted effort and finish it this weekend.
- I started Cannery Row, the S Dropcaps book. Which means I need to review Haroun and the Sea of Stories! Which means I need to settle on a drink. I’m thinking chai.
- Current Moby Dick status: Ahab’s all upset about the irony of Queequeg’s coffin being used as a life-buoy. Well, maybe he’s not upset at all. Hard to tell.
What I Ate
- It’s been another weird grazy week. But I did manage to roast a bunch of vegetables! Brussels sprouts, carrots, asparagus. Good stuff. Ugh, I need to get my diet back on track. (And by that I mean the textbook definition of diet–just what I’m eating in general. I feel unhealthy and blah. As it happens.)
What I Watched
- More Mad Men and OMG LOIS ON THE JOHN DEERE. I won’t give away anymore, but if you’ve watched through the series, you’ll know what I’m talking about. (If you haven’t, you’ll probably be confused. “John Deere? I thought this was a show about advertising and philandering.” To which I say: even John Deere needs an ad campaign. Just not this one.)
- I’m thinking I might hit up the cinema tonight. Let’s just see what’s playing…(no, Captain America is not on the table, sry bye) Oh! I could watch Keanu! Key & Peele + a healthy Rotten Tomatoes score means interest on my part. I do need a little comedy in my life right now.
What I Wrote
- I’m back on the #continuouspractice wagon! Thanks in large part to my new Freewrite, which I reviewed yesterday. Two days in–three, when I manage to write more today–but it’s baby steps. This book will come out of me eventually.
- I did a couple visual tours of the James Beard winners for Uproxx. And I also helped break the KFC fingernail polish story, but for some reason my stuff never does as well as Buzzfeed’s does. Hmm…I wonder why that is.
What I Accomplished
- I started a Kaia Fit BRIK session, which has been…interesting. I feel like I’m in a cult, sort of? But one with a lot of cheering and high-five’s, so it’s all okay. Besides, I’m already in a church cult. Why not add a fitness one into the mix? 😉 In all honesty, it’s been great. I love/hate strength training/bootcamp-style workouts with intimate groups of ladies. I really feel like I push myself more when I’m in a group than when I’m alone. I’ll be posting more about my Kaia journey later on, so look forward to that.
- I’ve been feeling a little run-down this week–I’m hovering on the brink of a cold or something–so the greatest thing I really did was take in a package to return. Ha! I’m also supposed to get a couple of icon cards laminated. I’ll do that later this afternoon. Or tomorrow, maybe. I’ve got a couple other obligations today.
And that’s my week, in the Emily-style nutshell. I’m really looking forward to next week, for more mysterious, unspecified reasons. And I’ll get back into cooking. I promise. I promise!