Friday Roundup for Week 24
Happy, slappy Friday! Look at me, blogging even with relatives in town! They came in on Wednesday morning, so life’s been a bit different around here because of it, but it’s always nice to get visitors.
What I Read
- Finished Yaqui Delgado. Not too much to say except that, yeah, it’s depressing. But it does end on a note of hope.
- Current status of The Wreath: she’s, um, sort of taken up with a guy who’s a cad/her soulmate. Also, her betrothed is slightly creepy, but not overtly so. They are betrothed, after all.
- I’m having trouble with this month’s graphic novel reading. I finished one called Over Easy, which was a memoir about the artist waitressing in California and included a whole lot of drugs and sex. Meh. And now I’m reading Calling Dr. Laura, which is interesting so far, but still. I prefer YA/MG graphic novels, but I’m sort of at the end of the list, as far as I can tell. (I’m sure I’m not actually. I just have to research more.)
What I Ate
- Dude, check out that mac and cheese photo. It is the BOMBest of BOMBs. I realized when I was making it that it’s just a two-serving recipe, so I halved it and put it in a cute little Pyrex to bake. So much cheese, so I tried to only eat half of the half, but I ended up consuming about 3/4 of it. Because it’s just that good. Cheddar cheese, gruyere, bleu cheese. Get it in your belleh.
- I made Miss Masala’s raita (this recipe is similar, but not the same–mine includes tomatoes and onions) but the yogurt was homemade and preeetty liquidy, and half the onion was rotten (I used the non-rotten half) so I’m not sure if I want to eat anymore. I like it with Greek yogurt, so it’s thicker.
- Certainly not macarons. *sadface*
What I Watched
- Another several episodes of Mad Men Season 4. I just finished up episode 8, I think. Other than that, my watching has been nil. Which I guess is okay.
What I Wrote
- Mostly I copied in old NaNoWriMo words, which is fine. As of the 15th (theoretically) I’ve moved on to revisions. Here’s hoping I can pound through 20,000 words, but I’m not sure if it’s in the time budget this month.
What I Accomplished
- Four days in a row of 5:30 a.m. workout classes! I guess that should count for something. Stay tuned, I’ll be writing more about Kaia Fit soon-ish.
- I also purchased some supplies for making rolled fondant (glucose! glycerin!), which is about to replace Make Baklava on my 30 Before 30. I’m so excited, but it also means I have to bake a cake, and I’m terrible at baking cakes! All in the process though.
Really and truly looking forward to next week. Here’s hoping Tuesday yields some excellent news to share on Wednesday. I know I’m vagueblogging, but it’s basically only my mothers (and sister! hi sister!) who read this blog, so you know what I’m talking about. And if you don’t, well, you will on Wednesday.