Friday Roundup for Week 25
What I Read
- Since I frontloaded the month with my reading, not too much. But I did get a new issue of Lapham’s Quarterly. Luck! (That’s the topic of the season.)
- Current status of The Wreath: well, they’ve just poisoned the mistress of the man she’s about to run off with because her father won’t let her marry him. Good decisions all around. (But! But! The woman was about to poison Kristin! All they did was force her to drink that poison!)
- Finished Calling Dr. Laura. I just really need to get back to MG and YA graphic novels.
What I Ate
- A lot of leftover pizza. #cantstopwontstop
- Just today I made this chickpea salad from Oh She Glows and hooooo boy is it good. Used non-vegan mayo, of course, and I didn’t have a dill pickle to stick in there, but otherwise the recipe is verbatim. I ate it with a mini-naan from the grocery store. And out of a spoon from the bowl. Hey, good protein, amirite? I bet it would be great with crackers. Mmm.
What I Watched
- Just one episode of Mad Men which included the quote, “I would have my secretary do it, but she’s dead!” Yeah. Good episode.
- I also watched about half of the latest episode of The Bachelorette. Really. I couldn’t make myself watch any more. (Well, it was bedtime, too. I’ll finish for bracket purposes.) Honestly, the canned drama is killing me. Oooooh, Chad is stalking around at night whistling. Oooooh, JoJo’s ex-boyfriend did a tell-all in InTouch and Vinny just happens to have the magazine on hand. Oooooh, JoJo is sobbing and saying “I hate him!” and it cuts to Jordan saying “Oops” with a smile on his face. IT’S ALL OUT OF CONTEXT. IT’S ALL FAKE. But. I do have to win my bracket.
What I Wrote
- Zoinks. Uproxx stuff only. Not doin’ so well with my own writing this month, guys. But it’s never too late. Who knows? Maybe I’ll have a smash hit of a weekend.
What I Accomplished
- Another four days in a row of 5:30 a.m. workout classes. Boom.
- Aaaaand that’s about it. I’ve had some trouble motivating myself this week. Oh, but I did clean both bathrooms. So that’s good.
Next will be another busy one. I meet with my midwife on Tuesday, which will be nothing if not boring. (Maybe I’ll get to hear baby’s heart again, but now that I’ve actually seen the baby, I’m addicted and want MOAR ULTRASOUNDS.) (Also, she lets me analyze my own pee for all sorts of issues. So that’s cool.)
Now that the cat’s out of the bag about this parasite that’s living in my tummy, this blog will probably be overwhelmed with pregnancy and baby stuff. Uh. Sorry. It really is the most important accomplishment on my 30 Before 30 list. Well, there’s one that matches it, but I don’t know how close we’re getting to accomplishing it. ANYWAY.
So expect some pregnancy posts about first trimester stuff next week. Until then, I’m out.